This collection of ten video clips centers on a group of young friends living in Madrid who share the ups and downs of daily life, juggling school work, social obligations, and romance. Using a situation-comedy format, the clips were specially created to help students understand casual, conversational Spanish. Viewers will learn numbers, introductions and common greetings, giving directions, ordering in a restaurant, and more. Clip duration is 6 minutes each.
Video clips include…
• El Chat: Raquel is angry and moves out, so Juanjo looks for a new roommate.
• La Llegada: Luis Enrique moves in “temporarily” and is still there when Kasper arrives.
• La Fiesta: Juanjo throws a party, dancing and flirting until Raquel shows up.
• La Comida: Carmen and Juanjo’s parents arrive unexpectedly, but they’ve brought lunch.
• La Cena: Kasper proposes to Carmen in a restaurant, and Luis Enrique tries to patch things up between Raquel and Juanjo.
• El Mercadillo: After sifting through a stack of unpaid bills, the guys hold a rummage sale to raise funds.
• El Teléfono: Juanjo is on the phone with a customer service rep when his agent rings through with good news.
• La Gripe: Blaming the weather and sniping at each other, the gang is laid up with the flu.
• Las Fotos: Kasper is moving out to start life with Carmen, but gets jealous when she shows him photos that include a former beau.
• El Reencuentro: Juanjo’s photography exhibit is a success; he and Raquel reunite, but Luis Enrique gets in the way again.
(Spanish, 59 minutes)